7.12.2010

Chocolate.

I'm a chocoholic...openly...
My new quick-fix is making homemade chocolate frosting.  It's meant for cupcakes (obviously), but I've been eating it with fresh berries or by itself.  Yum!  It hits the spot.

Chocoholic Frosting

1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup nondairy milk (soy, almond, rice, hemp, coconut...etc)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Melt chocolate with milk for 15-30 seconds in the microwave, be careful not to overcook.  Mix all ingredients together and voila`!  It is more like a chocolate sauce when it is hot.  It thickens/stands up when refrigerated.

2 comments:

  1. This has not been tried yet but I think would work really well for chocolate covered strawberries. I made this for the cupcakes and just to eat, but I was thinking with all those berries we just bought it would be worth a try making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be great on strawberries! Just wash the berries, dip them in the chocolate while it's warm, and put them on a wax covered baking dish in the fridge for a few hours. Mmm... I am soooo gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete