6.01.2010

Last Night's Scrumptious Dinner

As I mentioned before, I've been experimenting the past few weeks with vegan recipes from a few cookbooks. My favorite book by far is Moskowitz' and Romero's Veganomicon. It contains the most delicious, surprisingly do-able meals! And desserts and baked goodies... Last night was a perfect example of the genius at work- I made their Asparagus Quiche with Tomatoes and Tarragon. I've never even made a quiche with real eggs, let alone trying to create one sans! You SERIOUSLY need to make this dish, it is to die for!! If you love nuts, beans, and pastry crust, this quiche is a must! I didn't mention a love for asparagus, because I'm still not a huge fan, but it was awesome in this recipe. The juciness of the baked tomato on top adds a real flavor kick, I am going to add more tomatoes next time. Also, I left out the bread crumbs that it calls for on top...just because...and it didn't really affect anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment