5.31.2010

Introduction

The purpose of my blog is to bring vegan cooking to the masses of rural Missouri (of course anyone else is welcome to enjoy as well). Today, vegan ingredients and restaurants are gaining popularity, but mostly in urban areas. I will attempt to cook vegan cuisine with the limited resources of a rural farmers' market and the local Hy-Vee grocer.

That said, you should know that I am a newbie when it comes to vegan cooking- I've only been experimenting with it for a few weeks now. There are three main cookbooks that I've been using: Veganomicon, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero, Vegan With A Vengeance, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and The Kind Diet, by Alicia Silverstone. These are great resources that by this point I would highly recommend to anyone looking for tasty vegan recipes.

I hope that you, readers, are able to follow my cooking journey, and along with me, become vegan in a rural community. Please feel free to comment and ask questions.

Kirksville rocks!

(Or so they say)

No comments:

Post a Comment